Crisp Finger Sandwich
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced English cucumber
- 3 tablespoons alfalfa sprouts
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- Spread toast with cream cheese. Top with cucumber, sprouts and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 136 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Jun 10, 2016
I like this but tea sandwiches, which this sandwich is labeled under, should have the crusts cut off and the filling should be thin. I love the vegetable cream cheese for this.You can make your own veggie cream cheese. Just get a bag of mixed dehydrated veggies. I use Spice Sage. They just need to be reconstituted and mixed with the cream cheese.These veggies are great for pasta salads, just boil them with the pasta and drain.They are great for soups and stews too. I put them in my fried rice as well. They are delicious.
Aug 25, 2012
Making it again for the 2nd time in one week. So I think I really enjoyed this healthy,meatless sandwich!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.