Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Shape tablespoonfuls into 2-in. fingers. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 74 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Dec 19, 2013
This is a favorite recipe that my mom used to make only in hers, there was 2 teaspoons of real vanilla included and the recipe called for ground pecans. To stop the cookies from breaking apart, cook them a little longer.YUMM!! :)
Nov 30, 2011
Cookies tasted good, but are dry and break apart. I made recipe exactly as directed.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.