Pecan Sandies Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 300°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add water and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour; fold in pecans.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten with fingers.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until bottom edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 239 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 11, 2018
Made these multiple times for family and friends. We all love them!
Apr 16, 2018
Great recipe! Instead of using my fingers to flatten I placed a small square of parchment paper on top of the cookie and pressed down with the bottom of a glass; no sticking and they look more like packaged cookies.
Feb 22, 2018
I have seen recipe with powdered sugar in it and also white sugar. Can anyone tell me which would give me the crumbly "sandy" texture like store bought sandies ?
Jan 13, 2018
Jan 11, 2018
Great cookie, easy to make.
May 7, 2017
wonderful recipe...similar to what I have been making many years; but better. I am amazed that there are people who use this review space to demand their cultural name for these cookies which are made in many countries and cultures and regions of the US and are known for their regional names. Please just review the recipe for the rest of us!
Nov 28, 2016
Disappointed that the Taste of Home website does not seem to be smartphone friendly. I was unable to pin this recipe to Pinterest.
Feb 6, 2016
Part of the Christmas baskets for friends and neighbors. Everyone loved them.
Nov 29, 2015
these remind me of those Danish wedding cookies that comes in the pink box and that is $3.99 at walmarts!
Nov 28, 2015