Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, vanilla, vinegar and salt on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 15-20 minutes or until firm to the touch and lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
1 meringue: 46 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.