Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 96 pecan halves (about 2 cups)
- In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and salt until smooth. Gradually beat in flour. Divide dough in half; shape each into a disk. Wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Dust a work surface with about 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar. Roll 1 portion of dough into an 18x8-in. rectangle; cut dough crosswise into six 3-in.-wide sections. Cut each section crosswise into eight 1-in.-wide strips. Roll each strip around a pecan half; place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough and pecans, dusting work surface with an additional 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place remaining confectioners' sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll cookies in sugar, coating well.
- Freeze option: Bake, cool and roll cookies in confectioners' sugar as directed. Freeze in freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper, up to 3 months. Thaw before serving; dust with additional confectioners' sugar.
1 cookie: 51 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.