Crispy, sweet bacon brightens up any morning. When my girls see this, they call it “special breakfast.” The big flavor punch may just surprise you. —Catherine Goza, Charlotte, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 12 bacon strips
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place bacon in a single layer in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until lightly browned, 16-18 minutes.
- Remove bacon from pan. Discard drippings from pan, wiping clean if necessary.
- In a shallow bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Dip both sides of bacon in brown sugar mixture, patting to help coating adhere; return to pan.
- Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until caramelized. Remove immediately from pan.
Nutrition Facts1 bacon strip: 142 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Baked Bacon in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015