Pecan Baked Apples
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 medium tart apples
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Core apples and peel top third; fill with pecan mixture.
- Place in a greased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-12 minutes or until apples are tender. Drizzle with pan juices.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 312 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 5g fiber), 1g protein.
Sep 5, 2011
Easy and delicious! I'm thinking about trying the topping on ice cream or apple sauce.
Feb 5, 2011
It was so good. I did use I can't believe its not butter and splenda brown sugar to lower the calories. My 7 yr old wanted to know why I never made this before.
Nov 8, 2010
Very tasty and very easy. Instead of microwaving four, I did one at a time so had to adjust the cooking time. Other than that, the recipe needed no adjustment. I think I will mix up some of the filling to have on hand any time we want a quick and easy dessert.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.