Pecan Cherry Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in pecans, cherries and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased and floured 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 233 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 20, 2011
I have been making this bread since the early 80's...for every holiday and just because...i make a powdered sugar glaze to drizzle on top..also great as muffins or bars!!!
Jan 2, 2011
I make this every Christmas, but I substitute 1 cup sour cream for the buttermilk. Everyone loves and asks for recipe.