Bacon-Pecan Chocolate Truffles
I love eating these truffles the day after I make them, after the full flavor of the bacon comes through. —Sylvia Shankle, Munhall, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and finely chopped
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1-3/4 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Place dark chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, heat butter and cream just to simmering. Pour over chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in bacon. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate, covered, 1-1/2 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- For coating, place baking chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over baking chips; stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in maple flavoring. Cool completely, stirring occasionally, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Shape dark chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls. Dip truffles in maple mixture; allow excess to drip off. Roll in pecans; place on a waxed paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Refrigerate until set. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.