Pecan Raisin Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (2-1/2 pounds, 16 slices)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 8 teaspoons butter
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add pecans and raisins.
- Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaf in foil and place in resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw at room temperature.
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 227 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 7, 2019
The only adjusting I did was use cranberries. The only problem with the recipe was i just ate the whole thing warm with about half a stick of butter.
Aug 20, 2011
this was absolutely delicious!! Didn't last long with my hubby
Mar 20, 2011
This bread was flavorful and easy to make.