Pecan Raisin Bread
We love raisin bread and also enjoy the nutty flavor of pecans, so I decided to combine the two for this delectable loaf. It smells terrific and the taste…oh-so good! —Lora Sexton, Wellington, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (2-1/2 pounds, 16 slices)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 8 teaspoons butter
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add pecans and raisins.
- Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaf in foil and place in resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw at room temperature.
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 227 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Lora Wonderful Bread in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.