Buttery, rich and delicious, these classic almond sandies are my husband's favorite cookie and very popular wherever I take them. —Joyce Pierce, Caledonia, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 300°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in almonds.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 22-24 minutes. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Test Kitchen Tip
Sandies are a great shortbread style cookie. Creaming the butter and sugar is key to success with these cookies. Be patient, this can take a few minutes to get it just right.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 74 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.