Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 300°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in almonds.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 22-24 minutes. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 74 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 19, 2017
I made these for the first time. I usually make cookies with shortening and am afraid to bake with butter because things just don't turn out well for me. These cookies worked up just fine and actually look like the photo. They taste delicious and will be added to my holiday rotation!
Jul 24, 2013
Makes a very crisp, very light cookie. Tastes very buttery and yummy. Can't go wrong with this recipe!