Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in oil and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and toffee bits.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
2 cookies: 178 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.