Almond Toffee Sandies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until blended. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in oil and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and toffee bits.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 178 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 16, 2016
I made these yesterday and they are wonderful! I did not have almonds but I had lots of pecans, so I chopped up 2 cups and used those. I also used vanilla, rather than almond extract, to go along with the pecans. I shared some with a friend yesterday and brought a couple dozen to work today and everyone loves them. They remind us a pecan sandy!
Feb 1, 2016
I've made these numerous times. Everyone loves them. It's not easy to find the toffee so I bought it on Amazon. I had to buy a lot but since they're now a family favorite I'll make them more often.
Jun 20, 2015
Great reactions from everyone that had them. Definitely a keeper! I think next time I may get whole almonds and give them a rough chop instead of the sliced almonds.
Apr 29, 2015
Oh how I wish I could stay out of these delicious cookies!!!
Feb 21, 2015
what kind of sugar do you use, is it regular su?gar and powered sugar
Feb 21, 2015
Forgot the confectionery sugar and they were still awesome!
Feb 21, 2015
These cookies are fantastic! I have made them about 3 times. They are a wonderful cookie to have with coffee and are full of buttery, toffee, nutty goodness. Thanks for sharing this great recipe. It has become my very favorite of all cookies. 5 stars!!
Dec 19, 2014
Suzanne, toffee bits are Heath's bits o' brickle. That's what I'm going to use. I have not made these yet, so I'll rate on eye appeal. Why do people change the recipe completely and then rate the original recipe?
Dec 11, 2014
These cookies are wonderful and addictive. I have made them several time and everyone just loves them. I will be making them again in a few days for my Christmas gifts to my neighbors. They have become my favorite cookie. Thanks for sharing!
Dec 8, 2014
Where do I get just toffee bits? Could only find Hershey chocolate coated Heath bits. Had to rate it to submit. Will revise once I bake.