These make a nice change from the typical chocolate brownie. When I bake up a batch, they never last long at my house.—Cindy Pruitt, Grove, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and brown sugar for 3 minutes. Add butter and extracts; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture, beating just until blended. Fold in almonds.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 143 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Blondies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.