Toffee Pecan Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package English toffee bits (10 ounces) or almond brickle chips (7-1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix egg, milk and vanilla. Fold in toffee bits and pecans. Spoon over crust. Bake until golden brown, 24-26 minutes. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 179 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 20, 2017
YUM YUM! We enjoyed these...the buttery crust, creamy filling, the toffee chips and the toasty pecans. Will make again for sure. May try next time in an 8x8 dish to make thicker, but worked great in the 13x9 dish.
Dec 23, 2016
So delicious. These are my husbands favorite. One tip I would give is to be sure to heavily butter your pan or you will have a very difficult time getting the bars out of the pan. Even better, I like to line the baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper so that you can easily lift the bars right out of the pan. I like this method the best.
Nov 25, 2015
This is one of our family favorites. We enjoy these bars more than pecan pie. Make them just as the recipe states and your family will love them too.
Feb 28, 2011
These are easy, good - nice recipe to have in your recipe box.
Oct 29, 2010
This is so good and simple - turned out like the picture and everyone loved the flavor...
Jun 14, 2010
These are WONDERFUL - The folks at the office devored them so fast, I only got one piece!
Jan 16, 2010
THESE ARE AWESOME! Easy to make & taste GREAT! I used 8oz pkg of toffee bits with about 4oz of butterscotch chips!! AWESOME!!
Nov 16, 2009
Terrific!! Tastes just like Pecan Pie.Good with the addition of chocolate chips too.
Aug 23, 2008
these look scrumptious!!