Chewy Pecan Bars
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Spread butter evenly in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a large bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to egg mixture until well blended. Stir in pecans.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until browned. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 120 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 14, 2016
Very Good! Easy to make. Everyone loves it.
Feb 27, 2015
FABULOUS!!! This recipe used to be on allrecipes.com, glad I found it again. Nice not to have the 'goo' around pecans for a change.
Oct 3, 2008
WONDERFULBETTER THAN PECAN PIEELEANOR OF WICHITA, KS.