Coconut Pecan Bars
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in coconut and pecans (batter will be thick).
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 122 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 6, 2014
These bars are simple and delicious. Whenever I take them to a family event or church function, I always get rave reviews and recipe requests.
Aug 16, 2013
I'm mostly a chocolate freak, but these were delicious. Very butterscotchy with that butter/brown sugar thing going on. The coconut added some chewiness without pronounced coconut flavor. I didn't dust with confectioner's sugar because I'd used sweetened coconut.
Feb 18, 2013
Very tasty Blonde Brownie. Chewy and gooey with medium coconut flavor. The true test is if the family eats them up....which they did. And if some one says will you make these again?