Coconut Chip Nut Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/4 cups cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and cocoa. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine milk and 1 cup chocolate chips; cook and stir over low heat until smooth and chips are melted. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over crust. Sprinkle with walnuts and remaining chocolate chips. Top with coconut and toffee bits. Gently press down into chocolate layer. Bake 18-20 minutes longer or until firm. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 215 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 31, 2014
A hit at the family get together! I found chocolate condensed milk for more intense chocolate flavour. I also used chopped Skor (Heath) bars in place of the toffee bits as I happened to have some on hand.
Apr 9, 2013
I've made these bars several times over the years now - they are simply TO-DIE-FOR-DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody just LOVES these rich, decadent bars!!!
Mar 9, 2011
This has become a staple in our house! When I bring it somewhere, I'm guaranteed someone will ask for the recipe!!