Coconut Graham Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine coconut and milk; spread over warm crust. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cream and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Spread over coconut layer. Cool before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 123 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Aug 16, 2012
These bars are easy and taste very good. If I make them again I think I'll use a different topping recipe. The butter seemed to float to the surface; I had to blot the bars with paper towels. It tasted good but just didn't look right.
Mar 12, 2012
I made this a while ago and we thought they were yummy. I've had requested to make them again. I had no problem with them holding up.
Feb 24, 2012
This is a great recipe and makes alot. This would be good bar recipe during the holidays for cookie exchanges. Will be making again for family gatherings as its yield is alot! Thanks for sharing!
Feb 8, 2011
line your pan with foil and spray with oil before baking. It makes cutting alot easier..this recipe is requested for me to make over and over again..YUMO!
Feb 8, 2011
I have made this a few times,all GREAT Ratings..The (ONE) thing i did do was to line the pan with foil and spray it with oil before baking the Graham cracker crumb bottom. It makes it so much easier to cut it.
Jan 3, 2011
If you love chocolate, graham crackers and coconut, then this is for you. Warning: They are very rich but oh so good!
Dec 16, 2010
I was disappointed for such a simple recipe. It is too sweet. I would eliminate the sugar in the crust, since it did not dissolve with two bakings. It also never set and had to be scooped out. I put the remainder in a pan and boil and stirred until the sugar dissolved. Pour in into a 8x8 pan, then cut it into candy pieces.
Nov 15, 2010
I like these a lot! Super easy to make, and the chocolate sauce is really good with the brown sugar in it. I'd definitely make these again! I rated them four stars only because they're a little gooey and difficult to handle.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.