Skillet Chocolate Chunk Walnut Blondies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes3 blondies (8 servings each)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease three 6-1/2-in. cast-iron skillets.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Add 1 egg at a time, whisking to blend after each addition. In another bowl, mix flour, ground walnuts, baking powder, salt and baking soda; stir into butter mixture. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chunks.
- Spread into skillets. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs and top is golden, 30-35 minutes. Cool slightly; serve warm.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 262 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 15, 2019
We made this for my husband's birthday dessert and LOVED it! We cooked it in a baking pan for 35 minutes so we didn't have to buy the skillets and served it warm with vanilla ice cream. Yum!
Jan 1, 2019
I made this recipe in a 13x9x2" baking pan as an alternative as the recipe tip suggested and omitted the nuts. This recipe is definitely a keeper! Thank you for sharing!