Pistachio Brownie Toffee Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped salted roasted pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour, mixing well. Press onto bottom of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 12-14 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine brownie mix, water, oil and egg until blended.
- Spread brownie batter over hot crust. Bake until center is set, 14-16 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread melted chocolate over top; sprinkle with pistachios. Let stand until set. Cut into 36 bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 219 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 9, 2017
Although this is really tasty, the crust recipe is not large enough to spread in a 10x15 pan? I had to transfer to an 11 x7 pan to get it to cover. Then used a small brownie mix. Wondering if others who made this had the same problem?
Dec 3, 2015
These bars turned out beautifully. This will definitely be a Christmas favorite!
Nov 23, 2015
These bars are so delicious. This recipe is definitely a keeper!