Butterscotch-Toffee Cheesecake Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, divided use
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup brickle toffee bits, divided
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil and 1 egg; mix until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup for topping. Press remaining mixture into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add remaining egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in 1/2 cup toffee bits. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes or until filling is set.
- Sprinkle with butterscotch chips and remaining toffee bits. Return to oven; bake 1 minute longer. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate 2 hours or until cold. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 257 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
May 17, 2016
Made these for a pot-luck birthday party and they were gone in a flash! I turned my back for one second!! LOL! But seriously they were quite a hit! Super sweet and simple. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
Feb 4, 2016
I was craving butterscotch and these sounded so delicious....and they were! However, we found them a little too sweet, which we blamed on the butterscotch chips. If I were to make them again, I'd leave the chips off. The pudding added plenty of butterscotch flavor.
Dec 16, 2014
Can't wait for it to over cool. Smells delicious and looks yummy. I can think of sevrral variations for this recipe. It is similar to a recipe my mother used when I was a child. Thanks for sharing! JRH
Dec 3, 2014
I had a pineapple cake mix and I combined it with pistachio pudding mix instead of the yellow cake mix and instant butterscotch pudding mix. I did add 1 tsp. vanilla extract to the cream cheese filling and I DID purposely grease and flour my baking pan! This way, I could make sure that the bars were easily removed from the pan. What I'd done was use about 2 cups of individual heath bars (miniature) and crushed them in my food processor. I then measured out what was needed for the filling and the topping. I used 1/2 cup of white baking chips and I'd baked the remaining amount of crushed toffee bars and the 1/2 cup amount of vanilla baking chips 5 minutes. I think this recipe is very versatile in that various cake mixes could be used with the appropriate flavor of instant pudding and the flavor of the baking chips as well! This recipe is really great! Thank you for sharing this recipe! delowenstein
Oct 17, 2014
Wonderful, rich flavor that is easy to bake and liked by all! It doesn't matter to me whether or not it's got a mix as an ingredient as long as the end result is a great tasting dessert that is enjoyed by all. I just love baking.
Oct 14, 2014
Thanks for sharing recipe.
Oct 14, 2014
I am all for anything that saves me time!
Oct 14, 2014
Wonderful, what else can I say... The richer the better! I like easy, quick recipes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.