Coffee Toffee Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- 1 dark chocolate candy bar (1.45 ounces)
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs, butter and sugar. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips and cream; stir until smooth. Stir in coffee granules until dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, vanilla and salt; gradually beat in chocolate mixture. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1-1/2 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Heath bars.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Chop the dark chocolate candy bar; melt in a microwave and stir until smooth. Drizzle over top of cheesecake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 716 calories, 48g fat (29g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 26, 2019
I made this recipe for Christmas and it was a hit. Made it for a coffee aficionado So I quadrupled the amount of coffee in the recipe and it came out excellent. Instead of using chopped up Heath bars, I used the Heath brickle bits and they make a wonderful crust over the top after sitting on the cake for a few days. I also used white chocolate to drizzle instead of dark... it was a great contrast.
Feb 2, 2015
If I could add another star, I would:)Just made it again for my son's girlfriend's Birthday and it is , of course, a Hit.Everyone who has ever tasted this when made, badgers me for the recipe. Excellent, Tammy Baker:)Great recipe. Truly decadent:) I am making it again today for my kid's birthdays, they are 2yrs and one week apart in age, now in their 30's, but love this cheesecake,so making it for both of them:) In answer to one poster, if you don't like coffee, then I guess you can omit it, it will just be a toffee, chocolate cheesecake . As to another that had problem with not done in the middle, shut the oven off when time is up, leave the cheesecake inside the oven with the door ajar, for another hour or two, and your cheesecake will be just fine. Another tip, I don't use the "bain marie" aka...water bath method for my cheese cakes, I place a baking sheet or pan, larger than my cheesecake pan, with a half inch of water ,on a rack directly under my cheesecake pan. This does the trick just as well as the usual water bath method.
Dec 2, 2013
WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! This is very rich, so cut small slices, but it is delicious!!!!!!!
Aug 15, 2013
Made it for church - it got rave reviews and requests for the recipe!My only comment it for the chocolate drizzle to use more bars - maybe a total of three. One bar does not provide much chocolate drizzle.
Dec 25, 2012
The top & bottom was ok but my family & I didn't care much for the middle. Sorry but I would not make this again.
Dec 16, 2012
I make a lot of cheesecakes and this is one of the best. Not only does it taste great is looks beautiful too!
Nov 26, 2012
I really like this! It was easy to make, and I didn't have any problems. My uncle was crazy about it! It is defiantly for coffee lovers, though! Overall, Awesome! :D
Jan 26, 2012
This is one of my favorites. IT was soooo good. I used Starbucks via in the cheesecake. You definitely want to make this. Yummy!
Dec 24, 2011
I've made & given this recipe out multiples of times ! It's always a family & friend favorite. I also find that i can omit the coffee & add cocoa powder & almond extract & make it a chocolate lovers cheesecake as well.
Aug 2, 2011
I know Bopps said she doesn't even like coffee but she likes this cheesecake. Well, I REALLY don't like coffee! Does anyone know if you HAVE to put the instant coffee in here?