Toffee Brownie Trifle
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-in. pan size)
- 2-1/2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 to 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions for cakelike brownies, using a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes on low speed for 2 minutes. Let stand until soft-set, 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping.
- Cut the brownies into 1-in. cubes; place half in a 3-qt. glass trifle bowl or serving dish. Cover with half of the pudding. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with chopped candy bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 265 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 14, 2018
This is one of my sons favorite desserts & it's easy enough for him to make on his own.
Jan 1, 2017
I have made this for years and it is always a family fav. My children always request and now the cousins do too. I use a cheesecake and vanilla pudding instead of the chocolate. Decadent and easy!
Sep 3, 2016
I made this for a Labor Day party and it was devoured. Very easy to make.
Feb 7, 2015
This is such a rich, decadent dessert. I LOVE chocolate, so this is my go to dessert when serving chocolate lovers. You can change the candy bars to crushed Butterfinger or mini chocolate chips.
Dec 28, 2014
I made this for Christmas and it was a great hit everyone loved it. Simple to make and I will make it again for all get togethers.
Dec 6, 2014
This has been a family favorite for years. My 24 year old son requests this for his birthday dessert every year. It's always a hit!!!!!
Nov 23, 2014
This dessert is super sweet - too sweet for my family's tastes. I used white choc and cheesecake pudding mixes. I brought it to a Thanksgiving potluck and brought most of it home. It would be better to serve it after a lighter meal. I like a previous poster's suggestion of sprinkling Kahlua over the cut brownies - it might help cut the sweetness a bit.It was very easy to put together, and it feeds a lot, so it's good for potlucks. Personally, I like it better the next day, but the brownies do absorb some of the moisture and get soft. I used Heath chips from the baking aisle. Sprinkle the chips on top just before serving, as they start to melt on the pudding layer after a while.
Jan 25, 2014
How far ahead can you make this? Is it okay to make the night before it is served?
Jul 31, 2013
Is the size of the pudding and amount of milk correct?
Apr 14, 2013
Made this to carry to a family gathering that got cancelled. Carried it to work and still had friends over for dessert. It was a hit both places.