Caramel Chocolate Trifle
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (9 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1 package (7-1/2 or 8 ounces) English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions for an 8-in. square baking pan. Cool on a wire rack. Prepare pudding according to package directions.
- Cut cake into 1-1/2-in. cubes. Place half of the cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl or large glass serving bowl; lightly press down to fill in gaps. Top with half of the whipped topping, pudding, caramel topping and toffee bits; repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 349 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 533mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 29, 2016
This is a definite keeper! Made this trifle for Christmas Eve, and it was a hit. Not only pretty, but delicious. The only substitution I made was using brownies in place of the chocolate cake. Everyone devoured it! Try it!!
Jul 18, 2013
Had at a dinner group and went over well. Better have a REALLY deep bowl - or trifle bowl. It will be very full!
May 16, 2013
I made this for a Manager's meeting at work and everyone loved it. I came home with an empty trifle bowl. Thanks for the awesome recipe. ( :
May 8, 2013
My family loves this trifle, I have to make it every Mother's Day or Father's Day. Instead of making brownies I buy the Two Bite Brownies from the grocery store and i don't use dessert topping I use real whipped cream. Everybody always has seconds the bowl is always empty!
Feb 1, 2012
I've been making this for years now but instead of using a cake mix I use brownies. Super delicious & everyone loves it-the bowl is always empty!!!!
Jan 26, 2012
Made it for a birthday treat for a teacher at school. Everyone in the lounge thought it was delicious and loved it! Lots of requests for the recipe.
Nov 14, 2011
Awesome, so easy. Made lots of friends serving this delilghtful treat
Nov 9, 2011
i've made this recipe a few times and everytime the bowl is clean!!! sooo good and easy to make :)
Jun 7, 2011
I made this recipe for a family gathering.It was a big hit. I was asked for the recipe again and again.
Jul 1, 2010
I served this for dessert tonight and everyone raved about it. I was finally able to use my trifle bowl that I bought 8 years ago! I used 8 oz. of the whipped topping, which was more than enough.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.