Pumpkin Toffee Trifle
I wanted to use pumpkin for a quick party dessert. This twist on a cream cheese pie tastes divine when made ahead. It keeps well, too. —Jodie Jensen, Draper, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (11.3 ounces) toffee shortbread cookies, broken into pieces
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) thin ginger cookies, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons hot caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits, divided
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until blended; beat in pumpkin and spices and set aside. In another bowl, stir vanilla into whipped topping.
- In a 4-qt. glass bowl, layer half of each of the following: shortbread cookies, pumpkin mixture and ginger cookies. Drizzle with 1/4 cup caramel topping; top with half of the whipped topping and 3/4 cup toffee bits. Repeat layers, using remaining toffee bits. Drizzle with remaining caramel topping. Refrigerate until serving.