Pumpkin Toffee Trifle
I wanted to use pumpkin for a quick party dessert. This twist on a cream cheese pie tastes divine when made ahead. It keeps well, too. —Jodie Jensen, Draper, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (11.3 ounces) toffee shortbread cookies, broken into pieces
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) thin ginger cookies, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons hot caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits, divided
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until blended; beat in pumpkin and spices and set aside. In another bowl, stir vanilla into whipped topping.
- In a 4-qt. glass bowl, layer half of each of the following: shortbread cookies, pumpkin mixture and ginger cookies. Drizzle with 1/4 cup caramel topping; top with half of the whipped topping and 3/4 cup toffee bits. Repeat layers, using remaining toffee bits. Drizzle with remaining caramel topping. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 553 calories, 32g fat (17g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Toffee Cream Trifle in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.