Pumpkin-Butterscotch Gingerbread Trifle
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 4 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare and bake gingerbread mix according to package directions for cake. Cool completely.
- Break cake into crumbles; reserve 1/4 cup crumbs. In a large bowl, whisk milk, pudding mixes and spices until mixture is thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in pumpkin.
- In a 3-1/2 qt. trifle or glass bowl, layer one-fourth of the cake crumbs, half of the pumpkin mixture, one-fourth of the cake crumbs and half of the whipped topping; repeat layers. Top with reserved crumbs. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 220 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Jan 7, 2017
This is a great trifle recipe. I've made it as written, and with half vanilla pudding. Lately I've started using gingersnaps instead of gingerbread. I also have only been using two boxes of butterscotch pudding and 3 cups of milk (plus a little ground cloves). It has been fantastic every time because the flavors go together so well.
Oct 23, 2016
This is amazing . I made this for a Luncheon For my lady friends and they could not stop eating it. It Looked just like the picture and was very easy to make. ??
Apr 10, 2016
A new family favorite!
Dec 22, 2015
I've been making this trifle for 15 yrs at Christmas. It's a family favourite. The only difference between mine and the recipe above is, I use spice cake instead of the gingerbread. It tastes terrific.
Nov 26, 2015
I have made this several times and each time I never have left overs! I love how it is a fresh take on the pumpkin flavor. :-)
Dec 11, 2014
This was a great crowd-pleaser. It looks so nice before you dig into it! Flavors go well together. The fat-free versions of pudding are in the smaller sizes. As others said, use two boxes of the regular size pudding and you'll be fine.
Oct 17, 2014
I have made this many times and have asked for the recipe every time I make it. I have read a person can't find the gingerbread mix, just saying I have seen it at Walmart. As for the problem of pudding box size...I just used 2 small boxes of vanilla pudding and 1 small box of the butterscotch.
Mar 11, 2014
this trifle ricipe sounds really good so ill be trying it out very shortly
Dec 19, 2013
I want to make this but where does one find instant pudding in 1 ounce sizes. Mine are3.4 ounces. I have all the ingredients ready to make this for Christmas dessert and will give it a good review but am nervous about the pudding amounts. Please help! Thanks!
Nov 26, 2013
Everyone that tasted this loved it!