Pumpkin-Butterscotch Gingerbread Trifle
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 4 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare and bake gingerbread mix according to package directions for cake. Cool completely.
- Break cake into crumbles; reserve 1/4 cup crumbs. In a large bowl, whisk milk, pudding mixes and spices until mixture is thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in pumpkin.
- In a 3-1/2 qt. trifle or glass bowl, layer one-fourth of the cake crumbs, half of the pumpkin mixture, one-fourth of the cake crumbs and half of the whipped topping; repeat layers. Top with reserved crumbs. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 220 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 21, 2018
Easy and DELICIOUS
Jan 13, 2018
This is absolutely fabulous. And such a pretty presentation. Everyone loved it!!
Nov 25, 2017
I've been making this for years. Always a hit. I make the gingerbread sometimes, but usually buy Orange Cranberry Nut muffins from the grocery bakery to make the crumb mixture.
Nov 23, 2017
So this rating system won't even let me rate it a 1 star which is what it is. This was not desirable at thanksgiving dinner and the comments by all guest whop tried it was "its unusual". This was a true waste of money and very disappointing.
Jan 7, 2017
This is a great trifle recipe. I've made it as written, and with half vanilla pudding. Lately I've started using gingersnaps instead of gingerbread. I also have only been using two boxes of butterscotch pudding and 3 cups of milk (plus a little ground cloves). It has been fantastic every time because the flavors go together so well.
Oct 23, 2016
This is amazing . I made this for a Luncheon For my lady friends and they could not stop eating it. It Looked just like the picture and was very easy to make. ??
Apr 10, 2016
A new family favorite!
Dec 22, 2015
I've been making this trifle for 15 yrs at Christmas. It's a family favourite. The only difference between mine and the recipe above is, I use spice cake instead of the gingerbread. It tastes terrific.
Nov 26, 2015
I have made this several times and each time I never have left overs! I love how it is a fresh take on the pumpkin flavor. :-)
Dec 11, 2014
This was a great crowd-pleaser. It looks so nice before you dig into it! Flavors go well together. The fat-free versions of pudding are in the smaller sizes. As others said, use two boxes of the regular size pudding and you'll be fine.