Christmas Gingerbread Trifle
Trifle desserts make eye-catching centerpieces. I garnish mine using candy canes and red and green M&M's. Think of the merry possibilities as a kid-friendly project. —Cheryl Tompkins, Kingsville, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 cups cold eggnog
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (5 ounces) gingerbread man cookies
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions and bake using a 9-in. square baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into 1-in. cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, eggnog and pudding mix 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Arrange nine cookies around sides of a 4-qt. glass bowl, using a third of the cake cubes to stand cookies upright. Top with a third of the pudding and whipped topping. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake, pudding and whipped topping. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, top with remaining cookies.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 371 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Christmas Gingerbread Trifle in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.