Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 carton (13-1/2 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Beat in cream cheese and extract until smooth. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- In another bowl, gently combine strawberries and glaze. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, pudding mixture and strawberry mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 336 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 17, 2010
I have tried many different Trifle recipes and I must say that this is to die for. Using the creamcheese pudding mix gives it that extra kick. My search is over, this is the one.