Angel Strawberry Dessert
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- For glaze, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and gelatin. Add water and stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture begins to boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool completely. Cut half of the strawberries into quarters; fold into glaze.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk until blended. Fold in whipped topping.
- In a 4-qt. clear glass bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, glaze and cream mixture. Repeat layers. Cut remaining strawberries in half and arrange over the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 344 calories, 11g fat (8g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 14, 2019
I only added 1/2 cup sugar but wouldn’t add any next time. No need. Excellent otherwise.
Jun 23, 2019
Make "anything strawberry" for my husband
Jun 23, 2019
Yummy-will try to have it either at home or elsewhere-love cakes
Jul 10, 2018
It needs more angel cake
May 27, 2018
Whole family loved it!
Mar 14, 2018
I have made this a couple of times, and I will be making it again:) very good, very pretty and very easy!
Jun 25, 2017
Delicious, made it for a family gathering and it went over very well. Pretty dessert too. Followed the recipe exactly.
Jul 11, 2016
May 14, 2016
My family loved this. Will make it again, very good.
Jun 2, 2015
Very easy to make and delicious! Unfortunately only 2 of us to eat it when I read serves 16!Does someone know if I can freeze it?