Chocolate Strawberry Punch Bowl Trifle
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 quart fresh whole strawberries, sliced
- 1 carton (13-1/2 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 2 cartons (12 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- Shaved chocolate, optional
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut cake into 1-in. cubes. Place half of the cubes in a 6-qt. glass punch bowl. Top with half of the sliced strawberries; drizzle with half of the strawberry glaze. Spread with 3-1/2 cups whipped topping.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat frosting on high for 20-30 seconds or until pourable, stirring often; cool slightly. Drizzle half over the whipped topping. Repeat layers of cake, berries, glaze and whipped topping. If desired, drizzle with remaining frosting and sprinkle with shaved chocolate.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 178 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 29, 2018
I couldn't find strawberry glaze in two stores I went to. I opted to use strawberry sundae topping as a substitute. I didn't get to taste this because the bowl was empty by the time I got there. That means it looked good and was appealing to the 50 people at the event. I plan to make it again soon so I can have some. :) I'm giving it the high rating since I came home with an empty bowl.
Aug 11, 2014
WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I just fixed this trifle over the weekend for my husband's 50th high school reunion and it was gone in no time! Everybody thought it was beautiful and delicious, plus one man even gave me his business card so I could send him a copy of the recipe since he liked it so much!It was so easy to make and as my husband kept saying, "it's too pretty to eat!"
Dec 22, 2012
I substituted the frosting with chocolate pudding and it was awesome! This will be the 2nd year in a row I will be making this for a Christmas Eve party because it was such a hit last year!
Apr 7, 2012
This is absolutely fabulous. So easy to make. I made the cake the night before and threw everything together the next day. Rave reviews. Definitely a keeper.
Jun 17, 2011
I have made this previously from your Quick Cooking book and it is absolutely fabulous! It is so simple. Everybody can't get enough of it and I'm planning on making it again real soon. I have also enjoyed making other trifle recipes. They look big and complicated but they are actually really easy and very delicious.
Mar 31, 2011
Made it for a party at work. It was awesome.
Aug 12, 2010
Makes for a beautiful dessert, and very simple and tasty. I have never had leftovers :)
Jul 1, 2010
I've made this once and it was eaten first of all potluck desserts! Love it!
Jun 3, 2010
This was a wonderful Trifle! However, I used a Sugar-free glaze to cut some calories. You could not tell as this was just as tasty as if I had used the regular strawberry glaze.T. K. from PA