Strawberry Shortbread Shortcake
Crisp chocolate shortbread makes a delectable base for this dazzling shortcake recipe.—California Strawberry Advisory Board, x, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped and sweetened
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in flour and chocolate. Form dough into two balls (one slightly larger than the other.)
- On a floured surface, roll balls into 7-in. circles (one thicker than the other). Transfer to greased baking sheets. Prick all over with fork.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or just until golden. Allow to cool 5 minutes; cut thinner circle into eight equal wedges. Cool on racks. To assemble, place circle on a serving plate. Top with whipped cream and strawberries. Set wedges into the cream at an angle, points toward center. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 515 calories, 35g fat (22g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.