I never received compliments on my baking until I brought my gingerbread truffles to a party. Every Christmas, family, friends and even co-workers ask me to make these. —Angela Randjelovic, Independence, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 14 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 package (10 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 5 teaspoons shortening
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger
- Place white chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring whipping cream just to a boil. Pour over white chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in the cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- Shape mixture into 3/4-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Sprinkle with crystallized ginger. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 truffle: 113 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.