I never received compliments on my baking until I brought these cinnamon-ginger truffles to a party. Every Christmas, family, friends and even coworkers ask me to make these. —Angela Randjelovic, Independence, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 14 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 package (10 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 5 teaspoons shortening
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger
- Place white chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring whipping cream just to a boil. Pour over white chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in the cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Shape mixture into 3/4-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Sprinkle with crystallized ginger. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 truffle: 113 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Gingerbread Truffles in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.