Pumpkin Gingersnap Ice Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 30 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons ground walnuts
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1 cup canned pumpkin pie filling
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies and walnuts; stir in oil. Press onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, mix ice cream and pie filling until blended. Spread into prepared crust; sprinkle with pie spice. Freeze, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 304 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 23, 2018
Absolutely delicious combination of pumpkin flavor and gingersnaps. DO NOT SUBSTITUTE the gingersnaps! Made it even better by using Salted Caramel Icecream instead of Vanilla, topped with walnut pieces, Hersheys caramel syrup, and whipped cream! Next time I may even crush a few extra gingersnaps for the top as well. My family loved it!