Frosty Pumpkin Pie
This frozen treat is so delightful no one would guess it's made with reduced-fat ingredients. We actually prefer a slice of this layered dessert to traditional pumpkin pie at Christmastime. —Janet Jackson, Homedale, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipping topping, thawed
- Additional pumpkin pie spice, optional
- Spread yogurt into crust. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt and ginger. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over frozen yogurt. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before cutting. If desired, sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 289 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 24, 2009
Absolutely delicious. I made this for my health-conscious husband and he just loved it. Great for those craving something sweet, creamy and tasty but wanting to eat healthier, lower-fat foods. I will definitely make it again!