Pumpkin Corn Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 102 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 21, 2019
This recipe is terrible! I thought the batter was too dry but decided to just stick to the instructions and hope for the best. Not surprisingly, the final product was way too dry and was also very bland. I threw the whole thing away, something I very rarely do. It wasn’t even good enough to repurpose into a trifle.
Dec 28, 2017
It was very good. I halved the recipe as I had only 1 cup gluten free flour. The batter was very thick, so I added a couple more tablespoons of milk.