Pumpkin Corn Bread
This has become a regular fall item at our house. It has a subtle pumpkin flavor with hints of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. While it's sweet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth, yet pairs well with a soup or stew.—
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 102 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Potato or Pumpkin Cornbread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.