Baked Pumpkin Pudding
Even after you favorite turkey dinner, you'll find room for this perfect pudding dessert—a treat served hot or cold. Mildly spiced, it will leave you sweetly satisfied, but not overly full, assures Gerri Saylor from Graniteville, South Carolina.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a large bowl, beat the egg substitute, pumpkin, sugar, honey and spices until blended. Gradually beat in milk. Pour into five 8-oz. custard cups coated with cooking spray. Place in a 13x9-in. baking pan. Pour hot water into pan to act as a water bath.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold. Garnish with whipped topping. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 245 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Baked Pumpkin Pudding in Light & Tasty October/November 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.