Toffee Bar Brownie Torte
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 cups butter, cubed
- 16 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- FILLING AND FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup instant espresso powder
- 4 teaspoons boiling water
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) toffee bits
- Grease three 9-in. round baking pans and line with parchment paper; set aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring often. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, eggs, vanilla and chocolate mixture until smooth. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, dissolve espresso powder in boiling water. In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 tablespoons espresso liquid; beat until stiff peaks form. Reserve 1 cup for filling; refrigerate remaining mixture for frosting.
- In another large bowl, combine the cheese, salt, and remaining confectioners' sugar, vanilla and espresso liquid; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes or until fluffy. Fold in reserved whipped cream mixture.
- Place one brownie layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the filling. Repeat layers. Top with third brownie layer; frost top and sides of torte with chilled whipped cream mixture. Sprinkle toffee bits over top and sides of torte. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 1101 calories, 85g fat (48g saturated fat), 303mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (64g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 5, 2017
This is AMAZING!! I made it several years ago from a friend of a friend's blog. In her words it is "Seriously chocolatey, seriously rich and seriously heavy!". If you are looking for a decadent, special dessert and love chocolate...this is the way to go!!