Easy Pecan Pie Bars
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil; grease foil.
- Reserve 2/3 cup cake mix; set aside. Combine remaining cake mix, butter and 1 egg; beat on low speed until blended. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, beat corn syrup, brown sugar, vanilla and reserved cake mix until blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over warm crust; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake until center is set, 25-30 minutes longer. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. To serve, refrigerate at least 15 minutes. Lift out of pan; discard foil, then cut into bars.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 223 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 28, 2018
Yummy!! Your new recipe format is not user-friendly. Most of the recipes no longer fit on one page to print and there is no option of printing only selected reviews
May 6, 2018
Easy to make and great for potlucks or parties. Served on a cookie tray at Thanksgiving along side pumpkin pie.
Oct 15, 2017
These were easy to make and disappeared fast! The buttery crust was a hit!
Oct 8, 2017
Delicious! And SOOOOooooo easy to make. I made them for a party and everyone loved them. They have become my new go-to recipe - especially when I'm in a hurry, which is most of the time...
Sep 16, 2017
I just made these and they are perfect! Like pecan pie, but instead of a pastry crust, a lovely cake mix/butter bottom. Like these better than pecan pie!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.