Toffee Crunch Pretzels
The sweet and salty combination of these lightly coated pretzels makes them hard to resist. Get ready to double the recipe!—bethany, TOH Online Community
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 12 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place pretzels in a greased roasting pan. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam). Pour over pretzels and mix well.
- Bake, uncovered, at 200° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 263 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 640mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Toffee Crunch Pretzels in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009