My family - all of whom are self-proclaimed chocoholics - can't get enough of these rich cookies. My sister-in-law shared the recipe and believes their success lies in beating the butter and sugar very well.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 7 dozen
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 165 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Almond Drops in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.