Pecan Kringle Sticks
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
Makes4 kringles (6 servings each)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Place flour in a large bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in sour cream. Shape into a disk and wrap in plastic (mixture will be crumbly). Refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white and vanilla on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in pecans.
- Divide dough into four portions. Roll one portion into a 12x6-in. rectangle; place on an ungreased rimmed baking sheet (keep remaining dough refrigerated). Spread a fourth of the egg white mixture lengthwise down the center. Fold in sides of pastry to meet in the center; pinch seam to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over warm pastries.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 201 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 9, 2013
First time making a Kringle & followed the recipe to a T. Easy to make, dough is excellent to work with. Delicious, would not change a thing.
Feb 17, 2012
I thought there was never going to be enough filling, and the dough tasted nasty to me because I do not like sour cream. Wow - the finished bars are perfect and the flakiest dough I've ever made from scratch. Forget "drizzling" icing. I just spread it all on and it made them glossy and yummy.
Jan 18, 2012
Next time I try this, I am going to cut down a little bit on the butter. Very good!
Dec 31, 2011
This Recipe is fairly easy and the dough come out easy to roll and very flaky. The whipped egg whites looked weird, but tasted good. To fix the opening up problem others had....after rolling out the dough, spread filling down the middle and then make slanted cuts on each side \ // like so, then starting from the bottom, alternate folding upwards to create a braided look. Fold the ends under. This seemed to "seal" it enough for mine and made the kringles beautiful. Gave them away at Christmas and New years! Everyone raved.
Oct 30, 2011
I haven't made this recipe yet, but I tasted it at a church function and it was so good I had to track down the woman who made it so I could get the recipe.
Sep 15, 2011
I made these for Christmas last year and they were gone within a day....the were amazing....I agree that I would pinch the top shut because I had a lot of the filling showing when they were done baking.
Apr 20, 2011
I agree about the pinching of the dough on top. (Next time!!) Otherwise I have to say this was SO very delicious and will definitely make it again!! Yum!!
Feb 9, 2011
this is absolutely delicous!!just one thing -when folding the dough to the center after u put the filling in gotta over lap and pinch the dough together mine opened up alot while baking but wow its good!!
Jan 22, 2011
Made this again, this time substituting cream cheese for the egg white. Mixed the cream cheese with 1/2 a cup of sugar and spread it on the dough. Sprinkled it with pecans and drizzled with caramel before folding it over. The dough is the best so I wouldn't change a thing about it. Still a keeper!
Dec 25, 2010
Beautiful cookie that's delicious, too!