Chicken Reuben Roll-Ups
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 slices swirled rye and pumpernickel bread
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 slices deli corned beef
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- Additional Thousand Island salad dressing, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Tear bread into 2-in. pieces; place in a blender. Cover and pulse to form coarse crumbs; transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Top with cheese and corned beef. Roll up chicken from a short side; secure with toothpicks. Brush outsides with dressing; roll in bread crumbs.
- Place roll-ups on a greased baking sheet, seam side down. Bake until chicken is no longer pink, 20-25 minutes. Discard toothpicks; if desired, serve with additional dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 roll-up (calculated without additional dressing): 326 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 18, 2020
Always enjoyed Reuben sandwiches. Such a unique treat. Only difference was, used turkey pastrami instead of beef, and was delicious. Sliced next day for sandwiches from left overs...yum
Oct 26, 2019
I made this for my husband and me last night. We had leftover deli corned beef from Reuben sandwiches and I came across this recipe and thought I'd try it. It was so good! We both love chicken cordon blue and this was delightful. My husband does not like thousand island dressing, so I used egg and flour to make the bread crumbs stick and then used the dressing for myself when I served it. Also I browned the roll ups in oil on the stove top briefly before putting them in the oven to make sure the bread crumbs really stuck to the chicken. I"m so happy i discovered this recipe. Thank you so much for sharing.
May 7, 2016
SOOO easy and soooo good. I have made them twice in the last 3 weeks and that is very unusual for me to repeat a recipe that soon. The second time I made them I also brushed the inside with the thousand island as well as the outside and it was much more moist. But either way GREAT!!!