Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 10 bacon strips
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, celery salt, garlic powder, salt, pepper and onion mixture; toss to mix evenly. Add egg; toss to coat bread cubes. Roll into ten 1-1/4-in. balls. Wrap a bacon strip around each ball. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon roll-ups on all sides over medium heat for 18 minutes or until bacon is crisp and a thermometer inserted into stuffing reads at least 160°. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 348 calories, 30g fat (11g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 613mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
May 31, 2018
May 31, 2018
That’s because your supposed to fry it in a pan not the oven.
Mar 6, 2018
What is the oven temperature? Not mentioned in the directions. Will try at 350 and see how it goes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.