Apple Bacon Pork Roll-ups
I am so proud of this delicious creation—it's easy to make, but impressive enough to use for parties. —Cyndy Gerken, Naples, Florida
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 5 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 8 thin-cut boneless pork loin chops (about 3 ounces each)
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Remove drippings, reserving 1 tablespoons for cooking pork chops.
- In same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon each oil and butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add apples and brown sugar; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until apples are tender. Stir in parsley and bacon; remove from pan. Cool slightly. Remove 1 cup mixture for filling.
- Pound each pork chop with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Layer each with 1 slice cheese and 2 tablespoon filling to within 1-in. of edges. Roll up pork chops from a short side; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle salt and pepper over roll-ups
- In same skillet, heat reserved drippings and the remaining oil and butter over medium-high heat. Starting with the seam side, brown roll-ups on both sides. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and pork is tender. Discard toothpicks; serve with remaining apple mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 pork roll-up with 1/3 cup apple mixture: 370 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as CHEESY APPLE AND BACON STUFFED PORK CHOPS in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.