Bacon Chicken Roll-Ups
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 12 bacon strips
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium sweet onion, halved and cut into slices
- Dash salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/8-in. thickness. Spread cream cheese down the center of each chicken breast; top with onion. Roll up from a long side; tuck ends in. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap two bacon strips around each piece of chicken; secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 332 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 484mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 8, 2015
I thought this was okay but not great. Pretty bland in my opinion.
Jan 29, 2015
My husband said this recipe is a keeper!
Jun 26, 2013
Mine were made with smaller chicken breast. but delicious non the less.I coated the pan in butter to allow some of it to mix with the bacon grease and absorb. and some season salt. Mmmm when I learn how to post a pic I will
Jan 18, 2012
great for company and super easy and fast
Dec 1, 2011
very yummy :)
Nov 10, 2011
These are easy to make and very good. Next time I will try the Garlic and Chive Cream Cheese. I've made them a head of time too; and then just popped them in the oven when it was time to eat.
Jun 15, 2011
I know I've written a review for these before, but all reviews seem to have disappeared?!?! Anyway, these are fantastic. I often make with a garlic and chive cream cheese. These are company pleasers and very simple. Our family loves them.
Jan 30, 2011
I don't like onions so I don't put them in mine and it still turns out really good, I make my husbands with the onions and he loves it.
Nov 17, 2010
Fantastic and simple. Just made two simple changes which I will do again. Had herb & garlic cream cheese in the fridge, so used that. If I don't have that handy next time I'll put garlic and herbs in myself. Also I caramelized the onions with a bit of brown sugar in the bacon drippings. Delish and yummy enough for company.
Nov 3, 2010
My family absolutely LOVED this dish. It was so easy to make and fabulous.