Spinach Chicken Roll-Ups
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; layer with spinach and cheese. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. In a shallow microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Place bread crumbs in another bowl. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumbs.
- Place seam side down in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Discard toothpicks from roll-ups; serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 360 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 679mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 43g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
May 3, 2016
Delicious, I made a couple adjustments though. Added Parmesan and dollop of sour cream to spinach mix, also minced a clove of garlic and lightly saut?ed in the melted butter before rolling chicken in it.
Dec 28, 2014
Delicious! I loved this chicken and made it exactly according to the recipe. I served it with cheesy potatoes and green beans.
Oct 25, 2014
Decent recipe, but a little bland. Picture shown is a different roll up dish which uses ricotta, red sauce and mozarella, which would probably taste better.
Mar 29, 2012
This dish is excellent. I followed the recipe to a "tee," and it came out perfectly. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.