Zingy Baked Chicken Nuggets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups whole wheat or regular panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Honey mustard, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Mix first six ingredients; stir in chicken to coat.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl; add chicken, one piece at a time, and toss to coat. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned and chicken is no longer pink, 18-20 minutes. If desired, serve with honey mustard.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked chicken: 222 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 481mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 20, 2017
Great flavor. It seemed like there would not be enough yogurt mixture, but it worked out just right. My only gripe is that they did not brown up in the oven as they would of had they been fried (obviously).
May 23, 2017
Delicious! Agreed, just the right amount of spicy.
Apr 19, 2017
Great recipe!! Tender and crispy. Super easy to make. Whole family loved them.