Kid-friendly and quick, these crunchy oven-baked chicken fries are coated with a mixture of crushed potato chips, panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip them in ranch dressing, barbecue sauce or honey-mustard sauce.—Nick Iverson, Denver, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups finely crushed ridged potato chips
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each), cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, salt, garlic powder and cayenne. In a separate shallow bowl, combine chips, bread crumbs and cheese. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in potato chip mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Transfer to a greased wire rack in a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 376 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 761mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Chicken Fries in tasteofhome.com