BBQ Chicken Waffle Fries
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen waffle-cut fries
- 12 ounces refrigerated shredded barbecued chicken (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- Pickled banana peppers
- Bake fries according to package directions. Transfer to a 10-in. ovenproof skillet. Top with chicken, cheese and onion. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce, tomato and pickle; serve with peppers.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 243 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 476mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 9, 2019
This was fantastic! I grilled BBQ chicken on the grill and then pulled the chicken. I bought 3 large Chick-fil-a waffle fries. In a cast iron skillet, I made 3 layers of fries, chicken, cheese, and light onion. Since the fries were already cooked, I cooked everything for 10 minutes at 425, putting it on broil for the last couple minutes to get that cheese bubbly. Put the cold toppings in separate bowls so people could add what they wanted. It was a HUGE hit! A squirt bottle of BBQ sauce (old fashioned diner ketchup squirt bottle) helps with the dryness.
May 3, 2017
My kids and husband love this! I bought two large chicken breasts. covered with barbecue sauce, and baked until done (about 25 minutes). Then I shredded it. After baking the fries I put it in a 9x13 dish and covered with the chicken, pickles, barbecue sauce and cheese. I baked it for about 10 more minutes. We wished there was more!
May 15, 2013
Perfect way to use the leftovers from a slow cooker full of BBQ chicken.