Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 cups Corn Chex, crushed
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut zucchini in half widthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into eight wedges; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, onion salt, oregano and garlic powder. Combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into the dry ingredients just until blended. Dip zucchini wedges in batter, then roll in crushed cereal.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry zucchini wedges, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; keep warm.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 324 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 766mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Aug 1, 2016
These zucchini fries are very tasty! My family likes to dip them in ranch dressing. I have made this tecipe many times over the years. It was first printed in the Taste of Home Quick Cooking magazine.
Nov 25, 2012
These weren't too bad. Able to get my non-zucchini loving family to eat them. I needed way more chex mix than the recipe called for. I think I'll try another zucchini fry recipe next time.
Jun 20, 2010
I've made several times and they are fantastic! Will be making again and again! Thank you for this great recipe!
Aug 18, 2009
Aug 17, 2009
I cannot wait to try these!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.